Wonderer
Imagine all the things that people are doing in the whole world. all the projects and conversations, work and words. The stories and art and songs. The math and discoveries. I wonder if a sailor is, right now, sitting in the middle of the ocean, looking at the stars and thinking of all the sailors who have gone before him? Realising that the stars he is looking at, Columbus and Cook and Rackham looked at hundreds of years ago. I wonder if there is a nomad in North Africa, around a fire, thinking of the unbroken line of wanderers who walked before him and watched the sparks fly high when they rested at night.
Good L-rd. I'm on a giant sphere that is spinning and I'm small. What a great feeling! To not be centre of the universe or the world or even 'my' world. I'm just one of 6 or 7 billion. I forget how many.
And we all started with the breath.
wow.
Good L-rd. I'm on a giant sphere that is spinning and I'm small. What a great feeling! To not be centre of the universe or the world or even 'my' world. I'm just one of 6 or 7 billion. I forget how many.
And we all started with the breath.
wow.

2 Comments:
I like the way you think :)
11:32 AM
As of early 2007, the world population reached 6.6 billion..
8:53 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home