Flirting
I'm seeing a lot of flirting around church lately. The trouble isn't the flirting, it's the way people are flirting. Shame! I think one part of the problem is that there's this church culture that says flirting is wrong, when it isn't. What's wrong with wanting to show off the best part of you to someone you're attracted to? I don't see anything wrong when it isn't taken to extremes.
I'm not having another rant about church culture, it's not the only one to blame - bad flirting is everywhere in Western culture but I think the church could do something about it rather than blanketing flirting as 'bad'.
It's not the the people who are flirting badly know any other way to flirt; in many cases they haven't been taught that they can be interesting in any other field of life besides the biological. I think that by teaching people to flirt well (or just encouraging them to increasing their interests and conversation skills in general) we can stem the flow of unnecessary social behaviour that shows itself up in such things as excessive hair flicking, badly disguised text message flirting and silly wardrobe choices.

5 Comments:
Hi.. clareeeeeee :)
agreed. flirting is totally acceptable, only in moderation. didn't know you had a blog.. but now i do *evil laugh*.. heehhe got meself a site too.. not a blog.. a xanga. check it ...www.xanga.com/sarahfire
have a great day *biggg hug*
11:56 AM
hey Clare, love your site & totally love this post! :)
2:56 AM
Hmm...people disguising flirting in text messages. Who would do that?? It NEVER happens!! NEVER!!
Man....why won't they stop messaging...Groan..
10:33 PM
cheeky samn, cheeky!
8:32 PM
I would like to know how someone can disguise flirting via a text message??.. please explain or give an example.. i dont know if i agree that flirting is ok... i think that communicating to someone that you like them is cool.. and a skill that i certainly do not have.. but i think that flirting does get out of hand.. and people do get hurt..and that, im not cool with.. so, yes to communicating well.. but no to flirting :D
12:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home