Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Random People Watching Post #73

9.30PM March 21st, 2005:

Man had pulled over under a bridge so I slowed down to have a look, in case he needed help (not that I could've helped him anyway!!) Was he broken down? Was he having a rest? Was he looking for directions?

No.

The man had his little spray bottle and cloth out and was
washing his driver-side window.
Why was he under a bridge; at night; washing windows? The fact that he was obviously prepared for this stumps me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was driving home from the city at about 10.30pm...completely in my own little bubble singing away to mr sebastian. Just happily driving over narrows bridge when all of a sudden I look out the window and *shock* I see a guy fully clothed holding on to the railing of the bridge like he is about to jump. I immediately knew this was my once in a lifetime opportunity to be SuperSteph so I put my foot on the accelerator, took the next exit and started rehearsing "There is another way to deal with whatever problem you have. Dont do this. I will help you." I had finally made it to a parking lot under the bridge. He hadnt jumped yet. I got out of the car and just as I slammed the door he jumped. WHAT??? NO!!! I stood there for literally 2 minutes panicking and wondering if I still remembered DR ABC. Suddenly he rose from the water...laughing!!! By this time I was so confused. He started walking to the shore no bones broken, no embarrased look. He was laughing at me and saying "Its only a joke, its only a joke" I wanted to yell at him and say "No, it wasnt actaully a joke. To me it was no joke. In fact I was completely freaked out by your bit of selfish amusement" But instead I got in the car and drove off wondering what I would do if I saw that happen again. Would I drive on thinking it was another prank? Would I again race and try to stop soemone? What if, because of that stupid prank I drive by someone who is really contemplating suicide and in fact does, however innocently I think it is a prank. Who would be partially to blame? Me? or the initial Prankster? Hmmm

3:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home