Colour My World!
Spoke with a friend on Friday night who had been to Sydney in the past week to attend Hillsong's "Colour Your World" conference. Normally I like to steer clear of special women's events in churches.. there's something about the girly-girl-power thing that makes me cringe. I would much prefer to cultivate an atmosphere where men & women are valued by each other, not just by members of their own gender.
Having said that, my friend told me about a red carpet entrance that they were treated to as they walked into one of the meetings. Knowing that most red carpets are hemmed with photographers/reporters etc I asked her how the Colour organisers made it work. Her reply was that 'there was 200 guys down the sides cheering for us and saying things like "you're beautiful!" and "you're a princess!".' Some would call it cheesy and it probably is; but I love the idea of men and women putting value on each other with no thought of (how do I put this?) romantic gain. Plus, I admire the guys who were there and think of how super-brave they were to do and say what they did in front of other guys. :o) Hopefully, one day soon, the girls can return the favour!

1 Comments:
Good on you Clare with the blog, I got here via Phil's blog, I like where you are coming from, I was once a member of one of your fathers churches, you seem to have inherited his well-balanced world view... I shall visit here again.
12:12 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home