Friday, August 11, 2006

The Red Tree

This is pretty much how I felt when I had depression, some hulking mass of darkness and ugliness hovering above me - just out of my vision and outside of my reach, too big to run away from or escape. I'm so glad I have a picture of what it feels like. This was done by Shaun Tan for his book The Red Tree, amazing artist, fantastic use of surrealism to capture imagination etc. Check out his other stuff through the link on the side of my page (don't worry, it's not all dark).

2 Comments:

Blogger HaRRy BoY said...

i can't picture you ever being being depressed Clare.

You seem like a fairly happy and content person.

But then i guess you never what goes on inside the mind of a person when no one else is around..

Imagine if we were designed that everyones thoughts and feelings were displayed in type writer fashion across their foreheads........ now wouldn't that radically change the world!

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Clare said...

yeah i was fakin it '03-'04. and deeply cynical. over it now. life passes you by if you don't decide to kick depression.

12:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home