1 John
I was reading 1 John this morning, I couldn't even finish it because I kept stopping on verses that really helped me with my own life, leading my connect girls and generally understanding what's going on with stuff that I didn't know how to handle.
Here are some highlights from Chapter 1:
"The one who gives life appeared! We saw it happen, and we are witnesses to what we have seen... We are telling you what we have seen and heard, so that you may share in this life with us." (why I lead, the real reason should always be this unselfish, this is core of what it is like to tell others about God)
"Jesus told us that God is light and doesn't have any darkness in him. Now we are telling you. If we say that we share in life with God and keep living in the dark, we are lying and aren't living by the truth. But if we live in the light, as God does, we share in life with each other. If we say we haven't sinned, we are fooling ourselves, and the truth isn't in our hearts. But if we confess our sins to God, he can always be trusted to forgive us and take our sins away." (some of my girls are like this, they know the truth -- but it isn't in their hearts, this offers me hope and tells me that I can only do my best to deliver an accurate message from God to them about real life with him, the rest is up to him, he is the only one who can bring about change in their hearts)
Here are some highlights from Chapter 1:
"The one who gives life appeared! We saw it happen, and we are witnesses to what we have seen... We are telling you what we have seen and heard, so that you may share in this life with us." (why I lead, the real reason should always be this unselfish, this is core of what it is like to tell others about God)
"Jesus told us that God is light and doesn't have any darkness in him. Now we are telling you. If we say that we share in life with God and keep living in the dark, we are lying and aren't living by the truth. But if we live in the light, as God does, we share in life with each other. If we say we haven't sinned, we are fooling ourselves, and the truth isn't in our hearts. But if we confess our sins to God, he can always be trusted to forgive us and take our sins away." (some of my girls are like this, they know the truth -- but it isn't in their hearts, this offers me hope and tells me that I can only do my best to deliver an accurate message from God to them about real life with him, the rest is up to him, he is the only one who can bring about change in their hearts)
Have a read for yourself, here

3 Comments:
that's very interesting Clare!
i think you have the potential to be the next Joyce Meyer!
Wait, hang on.. it's not good to say things like that..
I mean, you could be a really great Clare Oneil!
6:03 PM
haha.. joyce is choice
[insert stabbing noise here]
thanks for the laughs harry boy
btw - - you still up for encounterfest Oct 12-14? let me know
10:19 PM
hehe.
I personally am up for it.
However i'll have to wait and see if my wallet is up for it come September/October.
wanna hold up a bank with me Clare?
then we could even ride first class and really soak up what Sydney has to offer a bunch of young passionate christians!
hallelujah!
3:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home