God of Miracles
I was at an AOG conference the other week and the speaker was talking about how he was given a car and a promise from God that he would never have to worry about transport - and he has never paid for a car or worried about flights. He wasn't prosperity preaching, just illustrating how God is good, powerful etc etc..
I found myself thinking "God, I know you could get me a car if you wanted. You can do anything, so can I have a car? I'm want a car from you, for free. I know you can!"
A few days later I thought about it again, "God I want a car." and I got this answer...
"Clare, you might want a miracle, a divine act that could only have occurred because of me. But can you handle a whole lifestyle of not only unexplainable blessings but unexplainable requests, tasks, sorrow and calls from me?"
I have to be honest, maybe I don't want a miraculous God as much as I thought. I'm way too comfortable and I don't want to go out on any limbs and walk with a God who is terrifying as well as good. I don't want to be like this, so I'm working on changing my attitude. But what a thing to think about in the meantime..
I found myself thinking "God, I know you could get me a car if you wanted. You can do anything, so can I have a car? I'm want a car from you, for free. I know you can!"
A few days later I thought about it again, "God I want a car." and I got this answer...
"Clare, you might want a miracle, a divine act that could only have occurred because of me. But can you handle a whole lifestyle of not only unexplainable blessings but unexplainable requests, tasks, sorrow and calls from me?"
I have to be honest, maybe I don't want a miraculous God as much as I thought. I'm way too comfortable and I don't want to go out on any limbs and walk with a God who is terrifying as well as good. I don't want to be like this, so I'm working on changing my attitude. But what a thing to think about in the meantime..

6 Comments:
Okay ... what about an Audi TT convertible?
3:19 PM
hell yes... haha! you also wanna pay for parts when I crash it?
5:04 PM
Yeah, it is a scary thought. I think that's why God tends to slowly increase what He asks of us, and what He expects of us, so we don't completely freak out and just give up. I just freak out a lot and think about giving up. God, can I have Clare's car?
9:09 PM
hands off Annette!!! It's mine - ALL MINE!
MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!
10:09 PM
very nicely put jono! couldnt agree more. A
11:23 PM
God's broken his promises before... i cn think of at least three in the Bible... mwahahaha!!! let that one shake your world up...
not that this has anything to do with the topic..
ps. I was just being stupid when I asked God for that car... i wasn't 'claiming the promise' or anything, just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask :P
1:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home