Friday Again
Well, it's that day of the week again. The one with the most work, the greatest outpouring of pastoral care, the least amount of time and the largest amount of set-up! HAHA.. My brain always groans when I wake up on Fridays, but my heart always leaps around wanting to get into Riverview to start working.
It's really curious to see what 'Friday Nights' have become for me. They used to be were I was fed and spoken to and everything was about me connecting with God. Now I'm feeding others, speaking into their lives with the sole purpose of helping them enoucnter God. Friday nights are so unpretentious for me, I don't go for myself anymore. Not that I don't get anything out of them, I just don't go for myself anymore. It's all for the young girls and guys. There's nothing more that I want than for them to encounter God. The amazing thing is that this happens despite leaders and their flaws ;o) . God must truely be God to work through humans - we all suck but somehow every Friday, God stills uses us to speak to His kids. Crazy!

1 Comments:
hi clare bear :) you know what i just realised i don't have your cell number. so i decided to come online (procrastinate my studying even further) and say a few words :)
thanks for the hug and few words of encouragement today (after church) .. life stinks sometimes hey? and i don't even know why.. i guess thas where God comes in. But anyway.. i liked this post you made on fri. .. i know what you mean by fridays.. seem the most physically draining day of the week.. yet so fufilling and rewarding :) God is so good... sometimes we fail to see that eh'.
Anyway, i love ya heaps and i'm so glad to have REAL down to earth friends like you around. GO P.K's! (the ones in the church that need most counselling haha)... take care babes, thanks once again. Pressing on...
*muah*
sarah
10:56 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home