Sunday, July 10, 2005

So What You're Saying Is...?

I first read the Love Languages book by Gary Chapman when I was bored and babysitting on a Sunday night. I read it all in a couple of hours and I learnt so much that actually is applied in daily life when I'm interacting with people. I would have just posted the link to the quiz to see which is your own love language but if you have no idea what they're on about the questions can look kinda dodgy! So what I've decided to do is read the book again and a language or two each day for the next couple of days with the link to the online quiz at the end. You Savvy?

First Up:
Words of Affirmation.
For those of you who fall under the “Words of Affirmation” language, you probably give this love more than you receive it. Maybe you like to talk things through thoroughly and analyze conflicts down to the bone, much to the dismay of people who love in the other languages. They might just put the situation behind them without spending an hour discussing it! The key to showing love to this type of person is to say the assumed, even if you think it is a given. The people who long to hear “I love you,” and “I'm proud of you,” will be amazingly encouraged by those simple words.

Some people may see the longing for words as a need to puff up self-esteem or find it annoying that someone seems to always be wanting affirmation from others. But the thing to remember is that this is the way they receive love. Even God uses this to communicate love to His people. How many words does He speak in the Bible telling us He's going to speak love to us.. one verse I can think of is Hosea 2.14-15 "Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her" Make any sense about anyone you know? I can think of a few friends and cell girls who are always wanting me to tell them that they're loved!

Stay tuned for Languages 2&3 tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What what is the love language that I use towards you Clarey? hmmmm......

Dave

9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home