Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hillsong Conference '05

This morning I was listening to the ABC news report and who should be the subject of report but Hillsong Church? To be more correct, it was more about politicians and the opening meeting of the '05 conference. The report was generally positive, only making a slight reference the the old question of Church & State. Read the report here. Listening to the report this morning it had excerpts from NSW premier Bob Carr who said something along the lines of "you've turned our Olympic Superdome into a Cathedral" to which he received thunderous applause. I'm a bit antsy when it comes to the Church and Politics, just wary, but I hope that the politicians who were there last night felt the presence of God.

I'll be watching the Hillsong website through the week to be updated. I just know that God is going to be moving through all the people who are attending and I hope that Hillsong is so blessed for putting on a conference on such a massive scale. It will cost their staff and volunteers so much personally to work so hard for that long and I hope that they will be rewarded for all the effort and hard work they're putting in!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be a fantastic week... But i really hate when they try to relate ACC member churches to "American Pentecostal Style" sends shivers down my spine...

4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah .. church stories in the media, something close to my heart! The news media has a very stereotypical view of churches like Hillsong and Riverview (as they do about many issues). Such churches are often referred to as having an "American style of faith", mainly due to the fact that they're relatively new in Australia.

I think the media is still struggling to understand modern churches, and in a way lacks the language to properly describe their style and values. That's why they're so often compared to the "American Pentecotal" style.

I think it's going to take a while to break down the barriers between church and media. But we can only try... and pray.

9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryce, You're so knowledgable...

12:41 AM

 
Blogger Clare said...

Do you see yourself being able to change this sort of vocablulary as you climb the journalistic ladder Bryce? Is that something you've ever thought about? Just wondering...

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home