Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Thinking About Unity Again

This morning we had our weekly Creative Ministries prayer meeting at the church office with the CM staff. Amanda started praying for Hillsong and their upcoming conference, especially that their staff would be peaceful etc. as conferences are just crazy enough without having to deal with 25,000 extra people.

I really like the fact that our staff would think to do this for another church. If we were a business, or even franchisees of the same business, we wouldn't be asking for favour to be on them as we want to be making the biggest profit. I'm glad that Riverview isn't like this and wants to see is unity amongst the Church. I'm so glad that we put Church Together and Leadership Rise happen year after year. I applaude any church that would humble it's vision to see that of another happen.

Wouldn't it be cool to work together with other churches to create this community where church are fully lending each other money for buildings and resources with no agenda? Where pastors are talking and leading well, thinking not only of how to benefit their individual Church but the Christian community as well? It's one of my dreams to see unity happen in the Church of Perth. I don't know if it will happen in my lifetime - the odds are against it happening are so great, but wouldn't it be an honour to tell your grandkids that back in the day we stamped out the politics and in-fighting and forged the way for an awesome, city-wide church? I reckon it starts here with us, breaking down barriers and making new friends and being generous, overly generous. By us stopping gossip and malicious talk and fully encouraging other churches, by praying for our leaders that they would make the right decisions, by praying for other churches leaders that they would grow in influence and that their churches would prosper in such an awesome way, by making our intention of unity known . I think that if we put our minds and our actions and our words to it, we could actually start to create some change, maybe not in our lifetime - but for the church of the future.

Can't wait!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great clare, right on... i like that idea, thats the kind of church I want to build, the truly universal church, the tru universal family of believers, not just a family of believers who believe the same stuff, but a family that look beyond themselves and actually live as a family would. I believe It will happen but will take time, I think everyone has to deal with their own human issue first, but I'm sure its on the way...

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home