Hungry Jack's
So tonight I satisfied my craving for junk food and went to HJ's after church. The night dragged on and most people had already left, leaving Samn, Sarah my bro Aaron and myself sitting in a booth in a corner. Out of no-where a paper missile lands Sarah and I look across to the room expecting to see some immature, paper throwing type Riverview people but no. Complete randoms. The next 30 minutes provided some excellent insight into what secular people think of Christians. When they weren't mimicking us, they were damning each other to hell in stage voices. When they weren't doing that they were saying 'Jesus ****-ing this, that and the other'. It was pretty full-on taunting.
I could hardly concentrate on my conversation and my insides where churning whenever they mocked Jesus... but I guess the cool thing was that despite my shock that someone was taking the piss out of us just for being Christian, I remembered that it's actually God's place to judge and get revenge. I didn't need to let it concern me. Let me tell you, I felt spiritual when I remembered that one (despite the whole wanting to smash their face in thing - but let's forget about that... *cough*)
God's so big, I wonder if those people will ever migrate from clubs to church? I wonder if they'll be celebrating their 60th year of being a Christian and remember back to tonight and Hungry Jack's? Will they end up being able to celebrate how much God can change a person? That would be pretty cool...

6 Comments:
John 16:33 NIV
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
11:11 PM
hahaahaha hunny..will definitely remember that one for a whileee :) oh well.. that friggen paper missile actually hurt! I hope that one day i'll be able to see them again :)
love sarah
1:26 AM
Bummer, wish I was there....I would have thrown something at you as well Clarey
5:25 PM
Jesus actually taught us that we are blessed when stuff like that happens.
He says when we are mocked and persecuted for being followers of him that we should see it as a great thing, because he will bless us and build our character through it.
Although i know how you feel, When i became strong in my christian faith i lost several of my best friendships..
In fact, pretty much all of them. I no longer have any friends from my high school days, they flagged me off when i become a follower of christ.
But, they're loss, just got to pray for people like that and continue doing what God wants us to do.
5:39 AM
harry boy.. you're awesome.. "they're loss" :oP
8:54 PM
I mean... ahhh "their" loss..
damm monkeys!
I hope you'll be ready for your sketchy debut sometime..
3:50 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home