Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Draw Me Close to You

Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm your friend


You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take your place
To feel the warmth of your embrace

Help me find the way
Bring me back to you

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near

I was singing this at work yesterday while everyone was out of the kitchen. I was thinking about how I much I suck at talking to God in a focused 'quiet time' style. I have just never found it easy to do this, I need about two days of silence before I can get into the place where I can 'pray to God'.

Anyway, as I was singing along with the music in my head, it kinda dawned on me that when I'm too dumb to be able to connect well with God, even when I really want to, God draws me closer to him. So rather than me hauling ass on the road to God and it being such a chore, God draws me to Himself. That's so much easier!

People have said that prayer is a two way thing. For me this always used to mean that I had to be submissive and shut up and listen to God or something. While that is true, I now also realise that conversing with God means that He's talking to me, as well as meto Him. We are both listening to each other as well. I'm not listening out for nothing. HA!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. i love God like that :)

ps. what's with the random comments?

5:02 PM

 
Blogger ToNyAKAsErG said...

Advertising... it pays to do so...

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's obsession with me and wanting to be with me blows me away, my reluctancy to responds to this blows me away even further!

Jer 31:31-34 says


"That's right. The time is coming when I will make a brand-new covenant with Israel and Judah.
It won't be a repeat of the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt. They broke that covenant even though I did my part as their Master." GOD's Decree.

"This is the brand-new covenant that I will make with Israel when the time comes. I will put my law within them--write it on their hearts!-and be their God. And they will be my people.

They will no longer go around setting up schools to teach each other about GOD. They'll know me firsthand, the dull and the bright, the smart and the slow. I'll wipe the slate clean for each of them. I'll forget they ever sinned!" GOD's Decree. If This Ordered Cosmos Ever Fell to Pieces


Hey we're in a very cool covenant yet I don't seem to get it...maybe I'm just a bit dumber than most

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Happily Ever After said...

I absolutely LOVE that song...
It's one of my personal favourites for busting out on the guitar at home in my own private worship sesh with the King..

The world can't stop me now......

Yeeehaw!

12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha... what is a "Bad Credit Loan Adverse ReMortgage Personal Mortgage Secured Finance" site/blog!?

Well i reckon the process of coming before God is a different thing for different people. For you, it might just be keeping an open mind, and worshipping. In any circumstances, doesn't hav to be a big show.

For me, it's going somewhere quiet and clearing my crazy head, and praying.

God wouldn't care how we go about it. Like you said, He'll come to you regardless.

Love ur wisdom Dave.

1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home