Ripper Question
Found out tonight that someone else is interested. Geez, when it rains it pours.
Q: (from mother) so what are you looking for in a man?
Instantly, defence mechanisms kick in
A: Actually, I, ------??
The desire for a man used to be about a 'relationship' and it was pretty selfish, focused more on what I needed fulfilled, rather than a sacrificial, intimate, sharing, knowing, fun.... thing. Now, I don't have a clue what I want. I don't even think pondering about "what I want" is the best place to start.
I would like to be closer to someone, just later on. I still feel really young, am I really just meant to 'grow up' and accept whatever comes my way based on a fear of what happens if I get 'old' and my 'opportunites' are all gone? I don't really care. Maybe I'm immature. Maybe I want to be immature if this is what is really going on.
Of course, there are moments where I crave intimacy, emotional or sexual, but I have plenty of male friends who I can talk with and be around that ease those moments. Don't worry, if the previous sentence scared you, the sex side of things is usually handled with a text message to Sarah that says something like "WHY DO I WANT TO HAVE FREAKING SEX? WHY WHY WHY?????????" She understands, and the desire passes. I guess I need to think about what would be logical and nice in a relationship, but it's an annoying topic of thought and I just can't be bothered. It all seems so banal.
Q: So, what are you looking for in a man?
Initially? (I feel like such a dweeb..)
A: A good vocabulary.
Still doesn't help with what I am to say to this man. Geez I'm a coward.

11 Comments:
ha.. u crack me up! shame.. hen he he or i ur lingo.. ROFLMAO or was it LMAOWROF.. or OFRLMAO OR MAOROFL.. dunno
2:56 PM
i guess my spelling mistakes counts me out huh.. not that my obnoxious personality ever did.. HAHAHAHA
2:58 PM
btw i posted the 2nd one also cos 1 comments looks wrong.. but this is a freebie comment.. 3 comments.. WOoHoO!
3:00 PM
oooh 3 comments all 2 minutes apart look like I'm bored or have nothin better to do .. AWKWARD
3:01 PM
I saw 4 comments and was like...
"what the hell?"
then I realised it was you and I stopped thinking about it.
ha ha ha!
"1 comments" bugs me SO much. Damn blogger.
4:10 PM
Haha...yeah I was surprised at the level of interest that seemed to have sparked...but it's just Serg...oh well
It's a good post though...one day you might have an answer to that question
10:25 PM
why do you need a man though Clare?
we're really all a bunch of pigs.. dirty, filthy, unworthy...
Maybe invest in a talking clock.. they'll be more interesting than us!
11:55 PM
pfft
12:55 AM
I agree..
I'm not a man hater.
I actually love men.
A LOT.
One of the things that angers me most in the world is when men look down on themselves, so don't dare do it around me unless you have a really good reason..
So get over your stink, harry boy, I don't mind it :)
5:53 PM
Well i was really just joking around with my earlier comment... i don't really consider all men filthy pigs... (just a few) but on that note, seeing as though you mentioned it...
I think there are actually alot of guys who do look down upon themselves, for whatever reason. especially when it comes to girls..
They don't feel the girl will be interested in them, they don't feel worthy enough to even bother asking the girl out.
I've always been like that really.....and i've chatted with a bunch of friends over the years with the same struggle.
crazy world we live in!
Although i think being single is cool too.. it helps develop character they say..
11:50 PM
i just want to up the no. of comments on this post, albeit a very interesting & vulnerable one. i love u clare...u & ur brain.
12:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home